I write romantic suspense and warm, family relationship type novels, often with a touch of humor. Many of my books have featured animals as key players--dogs, cats, llamas, cockatiels, horses...even our son's pet albino corn snake, Sssssid, who appeared in my first Superromance back in 1999.

Animals have been a big part of my life since I was a child. How about you? I hope you'll become a "blog follower" here (see the right-hand column for a place to click) and will come back often. So...let's talk about our pets!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Deadlines, Alaska, and one very messy office....

I need a backhoe!

Today was a catch-up day for me, now that the  manuscript for my April book has been turned in, and the  copy edits on Winter Reunion (November)  are  taken care of.  The next time I see Reunion, it will be out in the stores, and I can't wait.  Doesn't Steeple Hill have gorgeous covers?! Their art department is just amazing, and I wonder what they'll come up with for all of the November books!  I think my June book, End Game, has an intriguing cover, with a spooky road leading off into the mountains.

I am thankful to have those deadlines met..but now,  you should see my office!  :)   Er....maybe not. I worked on it most of the day and haven't made much of a dent in all the papers and books and whatnot that seem to grow exponentially whenever my back is turned. Do you have a "junk drawer" in your desk, or in your kitchen? Multiply that by a hundred, and you'll be able to visualize my office!  It will be such a good feeling  when it's all back in order. How about you...are you totally organized and neat-as-a-pin, or do you ever get just a tad behind like this?! I'm hoping that someone, somewhere, will tell me that I'm not alone! :)

I  had a bit of an excuse this time, though--we were traveling a bit, recently.  My husband has wanted to go to Alaska for years, and started planning this trip way last fall.  I never knew there were so many mountain ranges up there, each more beautiful than the last.  I just had to share a couple photos.  What I wanted most was to photograph moose for this blog, and I only caught a glimpse of one disappearing into the trees!  BUT...we did see lots of whales.  Well....their tails, anyway.  One stayed in position and slapped his upraised flukes against the water 20-25 times.  I wish I'd had a movie camera! The picture below isn't very impressive, but it was a full grown whale.  And, we got to see sea lions and an eagle enjoying a buoy.
 
What are your favorite destinations?  Where would you like to go next?
Best wishes to you for a wonderful summer!

Roxanne Rustand
http://roxannerustand.blogspot.com  "The all creatures great and small place"
(so if you are reading this on Facebook, come on over and say "Hi!"

2 comments:

  1. You may post on the professional credentials for the blog owner. You could express it's outstanding. Your blog experience can springboard your click through. Ibcbet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its such as you scan my mind! You appear to understand such a lot concerning this, such as you wrote the book in it or one thing. i believe that you simply may do with some pics to drive the message home to a small degree, however apart from that, this is often nice web log. an excellent scan.
    Agen Bola
    Agen Bola

    ReplyDelete